Terms and Conditions
Purpose and Application
Under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 all businesses must meet the requirements of accessibility standards established by regulation. This policy establishes the accessibility standards for customer services for Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd., in accordance with Ontario Regulation 429/07, the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. This policy applies to all employees of Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd., agents, volunteers and contracted service staff.
Accessible means customer service is provided in a manner that is capable of being easily understood or appreciated; easy to get at; capable of being reached, or entered; obtainable.
- Any degree of physical infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical coordination, blindness or visual impairment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog, or other animal or an a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device;
- A condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability;
- A learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language;
- A mental disorder;
- An injury or disability for which benefits were claimed and received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997.
Guide Dog means a dog trained as a guide for a blind person and having the qualifications prescribed by the Blind Person’s Rights Act R.S.O. 1990, c. B.7, s. 1 (1).
Service Animal is an animal for a person with a disability, if it is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his/her disability; or if the person provides a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability.
Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. is committed to providing exceptional and accessible service to its customers. Goods and services will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence to all customers. The provision of services to persons with disabilities will be integrated wherever possible. Persons with disabilities will be given an opportunity equal to that given to others, to obtain, use or benefit from the goods and services provided by and on behalf of Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd.
1. Communication Standards
Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. make information concerning our policies, practices and programming accessible through multiple mediums. We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We highlight to customers that they may receive information via:
- Electronic forms
- Printed material
- Phone conversations
- Face-to-face interactions
- Our website
2. Use of Service Animals and Support Persons
- If a person with a disability is accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal, Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. will ensure that the person is permitted to enter Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd.’s facilities with the animal and to keep the animal with him or her unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law. Where a service animal is excluded by law, (i.e. animals are not
allowed in places where food is manufactured, prepared or processed) Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. will ensure that other measures are available to enable the person with a disability to obtain, use and benefit from the Companies’ goods and services. The service animal must be under the care and control of the individual at all times.
- If a person with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. will ensure that both persons are permitted to enter the camp facilities, and the person with a disability is not prevented from having access to the support person. Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person when in a camp facility, but only if a support person is necessary to protect the health or safety of the person with a disability or the health and safety of others in the facility. If an amount is payable by a support person for admission, otherwise, to a premise, or where a fee includes or covers such costs as food or accommodation Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. will ensure notice is given in advance about the amount.
3. Notice of Temporary Disruptions
Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. shall provide notice of disruption of services
to the public.
Any Notice of Disruption will contain the following:
- Reason for the disruption
- Anticipated duration
- Alternative facilities or services
Camp staff will provide such notice in at least one of the following three methods:
- Notice physically posted at the site of the disruption
- Notice on the camp website
- Notice in local newspaper
- Notice emailed to customers directly
4. Feedback Process
Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. accept feedback from the public in a variety of methods including:
- In person
- And, through feedback surveys
All feedback is reviewed by the Directors. Complaints are investigated and follow-up is provided to the customer if requested.
5. Accessibility Training
- Every person who deals with members of the public or who participates in developing Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd.’s policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to the public; including camp staff, volunteers, agents, contractors and others who provide service on behalf on Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. will receive training regarding the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities.
- The training will include the following information:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act;
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device, or
- require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
- How to use equipment made available by the camp to help people with
disabilities access goods and services;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing services.
- Training will be provided to each person according to his or her needs and duties and as
soon as is practicable on an ongoing basis in connection with changes to policies,
practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to persons with
disabilities. A record of the dates on which training is provided and the number of
individuals to whom it is provided will be kept.
6. Notice of Availability of Documents
- Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. will provide the public notice of the availability of the documents, required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, (O. Reg 429/07) upon request. Notice of availability will be provided on the Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. website and through other printed methods.
7. Format of Documents
- If Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd. is required, by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, to give a copy of a document to a person with a disability, the camp will take into account the person’s ability to access the information and will provide the document or information contained in the document in a format that meets those needs as agreed upon with the person.
8. Related and Supported Documentation
- Zodiac Day Camp Ltd. and Zodiac Swim School Ltd.’s Policies
- Accessible Customer Service Training Records
- Ontario Regulation 429/07, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 – Accessibility Standards for Customer Service