Join Our Team
Positions at Zodiac Day Camp
Counsellors – No particular qualifications but must be friendly, responsible and want to work with kids.
Specialists – Coaches, teachers, instructors who have expertise, qualifications and/or certifications in specific area (sports, arts, sciences etc).
Swim Instructors – Requires Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor certification, NLS, and Standard First Aid with CPR-C.
Office Admin – Great opportunity for those seeking this type of experience. Need good organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills.
Full-Time Summer Work
The day camp job generally involves full-time work from Monday to Friday from approximately 8:30 am to 4:45 for 7 weeks in July and August. A certain number of 4-week (July), 5-week, 6-week, and 7-week contracts are available (additional weeks of work in May and June may be available for Admin/Office employees).
Leo Baeck (near Eglinton Ave W. & Allen Road) provides a beautiful mid-Toronto indoor/outdoor venue for an exciting, multi-faceted day camp program.
Benefits of Working at Zodiac Day Camp
- Great experience/Resumé enhancement
- Helps entry into teacher’s college and many other professions
- Helps to make you a better person, leader, parent
- Teaching/supervising/inspiring kids
- Excellent training & professional development
- Being part of a caring, nurturing, fun, creative environment
- Enjoying indoors/outdoors in your summer
- Guidance from supervisors/evaluations
- Competitive salary
- Full-time work
- Meeting many amazing friends/contacts
- Staff social get-togethers